Bailey's Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

He chose us.
He doesn't need us, but he wants us.
He created us.
He knows us.
He loves us.

I am a big, giant, messy, scary train wreck.
But the God of the universe looks lovingly at me and desires an intimate relationship with me.

I turn my face from him every single day.
But every single day he loves me and shows himself to me and draws me to himself.

Why does this not blow our minds every second of the day??
How in the world do we manage to forget this, or at least ignore it, and try to go our own way??

We are idiots.
Giant, screwed up, sinful idiots.

Dearly loved, uniquely made, intimately known idiots.

1 Comments:

At 4:13 AM , Blogger Brent said...

The last line is excellent writing, my friend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home