Bailey's Blog

Sunday, November 04, 2007

let me just tell you about my mom for a second.
I really like her a lot.
She's the type of person that cares about the little things that make other people happy.
She'll buy you a cup of coffee or an encouraging book even if my dad has told her not to spend any more money this month because she puts relationships with friends and family first.
She'll spend days trying to learn how to text just to send an "i love you" or a "keep your head up" when you're having a bad day/week/year
She spent hours helping me search through my room and car when I couldn't find my uniform without once complaining that I wasn't organized and didn't keep my room clean enough.
She puts my dad first always and sets a really good example of what a wife should be
She recognizes her flaws and tries to change them
She does her best to keep us safe but is in no way overprotective or overbearing.
She loves people for who they are and I respect her more than she will ever know.
And I'm gonna miss her next year when I go off to school. Like a whole stinkin lot.
...Anyway, she doesn't even read this but I was just thinking about how fab she is and thought I'd put it into words.

5 Comments:

At 4:59 AM , Blogger Brent said...

You misplaced your uniform? Bay, that's like Superman or Spiderman misplacing their uniforms. How can you keep the world safe without your uniform?

 
At 4:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your mom, too. She is an amazing friend and I am so glad she will be my friend forever -- an added benefit of being sisters in Christ!

Every word you wrote about her is true. She is very special and I am glad you realize it while you are young. I didn't realize my mom was special until I was a mother. Your love for her will only continue to grow (although there may be rough patches).

She loves you all so much. I want to be like her when I grow up!
:-)

 
At 5:24 PM , Blogger Kathleen said...

Bailey -

I have to second everything you and Brandi said. Your Mom truly resonates love. It is the coolest thing. And the moment I met her I saw that in her and responded. Like Brandi - I want to be like her when I grow up. And like Brandi - I didn't really appreciate my Mom until I was a mom myself. Thanks for being a great testimony to your Mom's love.

Kathleen

 
At 5:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What a wonderful testimony to your mom. She has a such a sweet spirit, and it's awesome that you have such a special relationship with her.

...and, not to worry about missing her while you're away at college. Your mom will be just a phone call away and always there for you.

 
At 7:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bailey,

The night you lost your uniform, I was following your example of peace & calm in the face of duress. Really, I was thinking, not only, what does Bailey need from me right now, but what would Bailey do, if the roles were reversed - as they have been SO MANY TIMES! When I am frantic, you calmly jump in & walk along side me & let me just work thru it until the frenzy has passed while you exude peace & serenity. You create such a peaceful contented aura in our crazy, chaotic life. You do that for everyone in our home.

I bet we can get away with texting even easier from a college classroom than we do in MHS classes!

I will try to keep my tears to quietly over my vanilla lattes only as I contemplate this August, but this is an adventure that you will flourish in & I can't wait to share it with you via our phone Starbucks moments! I think college tuition has got to be cheaper than our current Starbucks habit.

When others wear me down, you model a calm trust in God & inspire me to be better & to remember to giggle!

Love you, Bai

Mama

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home