Bailey's Blog

Friday, December 04, 2009

My YoungLife team is taking our kids to Sharptop Cove this weekend!
The camp is up in the Georgia mountains and it is supposed to snow the whole time we're there.
I am extremely excited.
I think it is going to be a blast and I am so thrilled that a lot of the girls I have been getting to know really well recently are coming.

Last night we had about 7 new kids sign up - a few of which had never even been to club before. It is so cool to get to stand there and watch the Lord's power move and change kids hearts about wanting to go to camp.

I am so amazed by his sovereignty.

Anyway, I say all this to ask the very few of you who actually read this to please be praying for our trip this weekend.

A large majority of the kids coming do not personally know the Lord. But this weekend this gospel is going to be plainly and bodly laid out before them.
I ask for prayers that the Lord would rock their worlds.
And that my team and I would be wise and loving in all that we say and do.
And that these kids would see Jesus in us.
And that they would meet him for the first time.

God is good and powerful and wonderful and awesome.
And I am so pumped to see what he has in store for this weekend.

Thanks for sharing in this with me.

2 Comments:

At 4:04 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Spring said...

I'll be praying for you and the kiddos (:

 
At 5:57 AM , Blogger Brent said...

Just by way of encouraging you, why don't you check out the entries you were making in December of 2006 and December of 2007? Then compare/contrast them with the tone of December 2009.

Suffice to say, that from the perspective of a youth pastor who wears *ahem* progressive lenses these days, well, entries like this are why we're in that business.

You are tremendous encouragement to me, Bailey Ree.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home