Bailey's Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2004

a TiMe FoR PeAcE...i SwEaR iTs NoT ToO LaTe

So its mid-afternoon on saturday. Thanksgiving break is almost over and i think im gonna cry. I have the rest of today *which will most likely consist of sleeping because i didnt sleep the past two nights* and then tomorrow before i have to spend another whole freaking week at school.
I cant remember if i have homework or not. Im really hoping that I didnt because im obviously not going to do it.

As you can tell from this blog's title i have that Turn, Turn, Turn song stuck in my head. I dont know why, i havent heard that song since like 5th grade when we listened to it in Leap while doing our spelling tests. I dont even remember why we listened to that song but w/e. The point is its stuck in my head and its really annoying.

This week has been very interesting to say the least. I ruined my family's thanksgiving...
You see our dining room table is not quite big enough to fit my whole family and our food so we have these little leaf things that fold out from the sides of the table and hinge up or something like that. So i walk into the dining room @ 2:30 on thanksgiving afteroon. My mom had set up all the food, her grandmother's china plates and dishes, all of our food which she made completely from scratch...minus the turkey obviously..., candles and a beautiful flowered centerpiece. ((She usually goes all-out on holidays.)) Needless to say it was a beautiful table and my mom decided she wanted to take a picture of it. So she went into the kitchen and I decided to sit down at the table and wait for the rest of the familiy to get their drinks and w/e. And just as i gently put my hands on the edge of the table-leaf to sit down, it all went crashing down. Apparently the leaf was not hinged correctly or something so it just dropped along with all of my mom's homemade food, my great grandma's china, and pretty much most of our meal. Excluding the turkey and like one casserole. I just stood up and started crying. She worked all day on that food to make our thanksgiving like awesome and i ruined it. Her initial reaction of course was like "what the heck happened?!?" but after realizing that it was not completely my fault everyone calmed down and moved our turkey, and sweet potato casserole into the breakfast area to enjoy a small, but lovely thanksgiving meal. But if you know my family then you would know that i am probably not going to hear the end of it for a very long time. You would think that after 3 days of making fun of me, my dad and brother would have lived it down...but no. The punches just keep on coming.

Friday morning my mom and I woke up at an un-godly hour to go shopping. Our original intention was to wake up and go, grab coffee and a muffin or something at starbucks, and shop until we ran out of money or died. Well we ended up spending like an hour at starbucks because we started talking and if you know my mother you know that the woman could talk for hours. But it was nice, we never have time together without my little sister or some sort of distraction so it was cool to be able to talk to her. I think she is slowly starting to realize that i am not so little anymore. But we both wish that i still was. We only went to one store, Khols. We went with the idea of shopping for presents for other people but i saw a few things that i felt that i needed. Of course now i realize that i could live without that really cute shirt but i havent been shopping for clothes in like forever so a little treat every now and then is nice. We stood in line for literally FOREVER. It was rediculous how many people were there. We ended our shopping trip at about 11:30 which is way earlier than i usually even wake up so it was weird to think that i had been up for 6 hours already.

I really should go outside and journal. I can enjoy the beautiful weather while sitting in my favorite tree in my backyard. The sun is shining so brightly and its an awesome temperature...it would be perfect to journal...but my bed is just so much closer... :)

"You have to accept the past to change the future."




5 Comments:

At 2:54 PM , Blogger Steven said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:17 PM , Blogger Travis said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:50 PM , Blogger bAiLeY said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:05 PM , Blogger Steven said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:59 PM , Blogger Travis said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home