Bailey's Blog

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

13 hours in a car by yourself is a long time. A very long time.
And I-20 is a boring road. And Louisiana is an ugly state.
But for the most part, I really didn't mind it. When you're in a sorority and you live in a dorm room and have roommates and suite mates and such...alone time is very hard to come by. So a 13 hour drive by yourself is good for things like prayer, singing like an idiot, prioritizing, day dreaming, and overall decompressing after a long, hard, amazing semester and 5 long, hard, not so amazing finals.
But still, it's a long drive. And sketchy gas stations in the middle of no where aren't the most comforting places for an 18 year old girl by herself. Especially in Mississippi and Louisiana when I have Texas plates and Auburn/AOII stickers on my car.
But I'm home. And I got here safely with very little traffic and not so terrible weather. (Although its MUCH colder here than the 70-degree weather that I left in Auburn). And the sunfire is still holding strong, all 95,860 miles of her. And I am thankful.
So if anyone wants to buy a college girl with a tight budget a cup of coffee between now and January 5th, let me know! =]

2 Comments:

At 1:34 PM , Blogger Carlyn said...

I want to!! But you're so far awaaaayyyyyy..... :(

 
At 5:38 AM , Blogger Brent said...

I thought I'd already reserved my coffee conversation. Yeah. You best call me to set that up.

And, just so you know, we've made that I-20 drive about 15 times each way, and Tracy and I can tell you the best places to stop with the best restrooms and best food choices. We marked 'em in the atlas each time we drove it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home