Bailey's Blog

Sunday, November 09, 2008

"Would it not be an encouragement to a subject, to hear his prince say to him, You will honor and please me very much, if you will go to yonder mine of gold, and dig as much gold for yourself as you can carry away? So, for God to say, Go to the ordinances, get as much grace as you can, dig out as much salvation as you can; and the more happiness you have, the more I shall count myself glorified."
-Thomas Watson

Now I'm not sure how I feel about saying "as much salvation as you can" because I believe that salvation is a gift given only once when we believe and receive Jesus Christ...but thats not the point. The point is we have every opportunity to enjoy Christ and it makes absolutely no sense that we don't. "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him."

What if we started looking as radicaly living for Christ as the norm instead of the extreme? What if we enjoyed Christ by being compeltely satisfied in Him, glorifying Him in doing so, every single day? It's not impossible. And I don't really think its an option. When did we start thinking it was?

1 Comments:

At 2:02 PM , Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

You are so insightful and so adept at expressing yourself!

By the way, the book you recommended is on sale half price at Family Christian Stores. I am thrilled! I looked at it on Amazon and it looks like one that I'll really like. Thanks! Have a safe trip home.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home