Bailey's Blog

Friday, October 29, 2004

Walking In The Rain

I took my sister and my dog for a walk tonight. It was raining so Bridget brought her little pink and white checkered umbrella while the dog and i let the raindrops paint our skin. Well ok my dog's skin is covered in hair but you get the idea. I've heard that the strongest triggor of memories is scent and it definently smelled like the fish frys we used to have in Alabama. During the walk i decided to lay down in the middle of the road because i felt like it. My sister of course, thinking i was crazy to get so wet like that, sat on my legs and we got to talk. You must remember she is only eight so i couldnt talk to her about just anything but we did talk about the sky. The clouds were moving really fast and the moon was shining so bright. It was a really pretty night and those of you that know me know that I absolutely love the rain so I was in heaven. It kind of made me realize that my sister is not just the annoying little kid that always follows my friends and I around. When we were talking about the stars and how they are so far away that they might not be there right now but its taking this long for us to be able to see their light ((did that make sense?)) anyway, when we were talking about that she said something that really surprised me. she was like "isnt it cool how God knows exactly how far away those stars are. But i dont know how far away they are. When i try to think about it its like my brain gets tired before i can find the answer. And we will never know until we get to heaven when our brains will be huge and we will know everything." It's so beautiful how innocent she is and how much faith she has right now. I mean thats how i was when i was 8 but it still blows my mind. She is a real person with her own problems and one day she will probably be going through the same things my friends and i are going through. That is so crazy to me!! Well you probably dont care about any of this but i felt like saying it. It was a really great walk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home