Bailey's Blog

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My Everday Prayer

Dear God,

Though I continue to give up and fail,
I pray that Your grace and your love will unveil
The truth that your presence i will still find
In the depths of my heart and the back of my mind.

And as my strength and my hope fade away,
I pray that Your presence surrounds me today
And gives me the strength that I find obsolete,
That I might move past the decline and defeat.

I know I have failed you uncountable times,
But I pray that You rid me of these sins and crimes.
I collapse at Your feet inadequate and scared,
I'm so unqualified and so unprepared.

I feel useless and aimless and ugly and hurt,
I thank You for cleansing my heart of this dirt.
And if it is not out of line to request,
I pray that You somehow restore all the rest.

My mind is confused and my soul bleeds with pain,
I despise that I'm selfish, inept, and so vain.
So God take away this girl void of love,
And replace her with someone you can be proud of.

I'm admitting my faults and loathing my heart,
This is a prayer for a brand new start.
And though I'll still fail and I might fall behind,
God make me the girl that you had in mind.

Amen

3 Comments:

At 5:46 AM , Blogger Brent said...

I'd suggest that he's already proud of you...and has your hairs numbered. That's a REALLY good prayer.

 
At 4:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i was going to say that too! he's already proud of you...he loves an honest heart and that's what your prayer was from...

 
At 10:05 PM , Blogger Craig said...

WOW! that was good. Bailey Ree I miss you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home