Bailey's Blog

Sunday, September 24, 2006

welcome to the fall out

humbly we ask for grace and love
humbly we come to Christ for strength
humbly we bring our sins to the feet of the Lord
humbly we confess our desperation for God

broken I come to the Lord in a state that is all too familiar
broken I confess my sins I have tried to hide from the Lord, He who knows all
broken I realize just how black my hardened heart has become
broken I thank God for the brokeness

and all You ever wanted
only me, on my knees
singing holy.

I hate myself.
I hate my heart.
I hate my sins.
I hate this world.

I love my Lord.
I love His grace.
I love his unfailing love.

I dont want to screw it up this time.
I dont want to fail anymore.

I want passion and faith and feelings.
I am broken.
I am thankful.

How many half truths did I bear witness to 'till the proof was disproved in the end?

I am broken.
I am thankful.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 AM , Blogger Free and Living said...

um........ditto.

(i know, i know profound commenting by michelle davis...i shall bow.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home