Bailey's Blog

Monday, September 18, 2006

i want my life back.
i want my free time back.
i want my friends back.
i want naps
and slippers
and movies back.
i want homemade cookies back.
i want random drives down I-35 back.
i want walks with my mom
and cards with my sister
and baths back.
i want passion back.
i want fear back.
i want feelings of any kind back.
i want tears
and faith
and socks back.
i want shopping back.
i want dinner with my family back.
i want my brother back.
i want candles
and books
and that boy back.
I WANT LIFE BACK.

4 Comments:

At 6:53 AM , Blogger Brent said...

I want naps and cookies, too.

And, it sounds as if you're much closer to that "faith" you want than you realize...

 
At 4:59 PM , Blogger Kelsey McKinney said...

you and me both bailey!

 
At 9:17 PM , Blogger Katherine said...

I'm sorry Bailey. I like you. If you ever need to spend a night away, you can come over. I'll make you cookies and give you some socks. And we can watch movies and you can take a bath.

 
At 10:14 PM , Blogger Kathleen said...

Bailey -

Sorry. somethings we don't just get to have back. Or at least the definitions for some things change. Parents and siblings. even movies, cookies and socks. I'd like to tell you otherwise. But life happens while it is happening. The only thing unchanging is a father longing at the Gate, waiting with open arms, ready to drape us in the purple cloak of jubilation and honor just because we belong to him and He to us.

This is not an answer of grim reality. This is hope. Sift the now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home