Bailey's Blog

Monday, February 02, 2009

I really like when God speaks to me. I don't know why I don't shut up and listen more. I just get so caught up in talking and complaining and asking for things and resisting - my prayers are so selfish - I forget to listen. I forget the other side of the conversation.
But today God answered a prayer loud and clear. Everything I've been thinking/wrestling with this past few weeks, every question I've posed both out loud and in my head, was answered in my 1 hour break between bio and spanish.
I won't go into too much detail because this would be the longest post ever...but I think Jerry Bridges sums it up pretty well with this quote:
"To confuse the potential for resisting (which God provided) with the responsibility for resisting (which is ours)is to court disaster in our pursuit of holiness."
The End.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home