Bailey's Blog

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Trick or Treat

Well here i am, at home on halloween night, while all of my friends are out having fun without me. Why am i home so early you ask? Because i cant drive and my totally cool parents refuse to drive me anywhere tonight. I mean God forbid i actaully have a good time on one of my favorite holidays. I can't wait until i get my liscense!!

Anyway, tonight i went to 3rd service church and Pastor Tim gave a really good message. He talked about pride - "the root of all human problems." He noted that many people dont get the help they need when they need it because of pride. It is hard to ask for help when you wish more than anything to not need it. But it makes me wonder, where is the line between humbly asking for help and becoming a burden to someone else. How do you know when you've gone from a person in need to a needy person? Tim also touched on, as he has many times before, the subject of the way of life for many and most christians. It is clear, that according to statistics of divorce, domestic violence, etc., Christians are not living very differently at all. And there is no doubt that we are called to live a life differently than the worlds way, but that raises the question - how are we supposed to live? What are we supposed to be doing that sets us apart? And why is it that whatever this may be, is so hard that there are so few people accomplishing it?

thought for the night - if you are going to give candy to trick- or- treat'ers - dont cop out and give the retarted sweet tarts and dum dums. Go for the chocolate.

4 Comments:

At 7:29 PM , Blogger Steven said...

I gave out mini air-heads...but its okay. Because i dont do what society wants me to, see i gave out that candy while walking along the streets, it was like halloween reveresed, i dont do things the traditional way okay? I just dont. And air heads are good.

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger Travis said...

You're right about christians living a different life, except for one thing. you shouldn't have to think about living "christ-like". it should come naturally. it might come more naturally in some more than others, (like me, just kidding, that would be prideful), but you should never second guess how you live, unless you live wrongfully. By the way, your comment about god saving my friend not me, was totally right. to tell you the truth, i had actually forgot, in all the excitment , to the credit to god. thanks for calling me on that.

P.S.- I thought you said "don't cop out and give the retards sweet tarts and dum dums." but i was wrong, think gosh, that would have been mean.

 
At 8:24 PM , Blogger Keila said...

um. bailey, did u see the tithigoo pithigeepithigull who have cithigommithigentithiged??????????? sound it out. lol i adore you bp. i think another bk day is slowly approaching!

 
At 8:39 PM , Blogger Steven said...

i think one of those words says commented. if it says anything about me and commenting and being one of the first to comment and being a girl or anything i will cry so much. so much.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home