Bailey's Blog

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

...BuT eVeRyThiNg LoOkS PeRfEcT fRoM FaR aWaY...

Two blogs ago I ended my post with this verse:
"It is in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for." - Ephesians 1:11 (The Message)

I read it two weeks ago and for some reason it's stuck with me ever since.
People can spend all their lives searching for the answers to life’s “big questions.” Who am I? Why am I here? We all doubt and question at some point in our lives, believers and non-believers alike. For some it can be a real stumbling block than can keep us from growing. But what separates us as Christians from the rest of the world are the answers we know to be true.
This passage gives us so much freedom, but we live like we have no idea of it. In Christ, our questions are answered; our doubts and uneasy thoughts are resolved and made at peace through Him. So why then do we continue to wonder? Why do we continue to feel uneasy about our lives?
Who are we? We are children of God, heirs to the throne, servants to the Father. That should be all we need. But we continue to wonder.
What do we live for? We live to serve Him. We live to fulfill the plans of God.
So why then are we still bothered by the thought of our purpose as Christians here on earth? Are we choosing not to be peaceful? Are we subconsciously lacking faith in the plan God has promised us? Or is this a normal uneasiness that comes when we start realizing there is more to life than what we can see. Is this the price we pay when we start to look at the world differently? Maybe God allows this discomfort as a precursor to feeling the need to trust Him. But why can we not just take His promise and feel at-ease because of it?
Maybe I’m just expecting too much, I mean we are all human and we all fall short. And maybe it’s something that comes with the time, life wisdom, and spiritual growth that I’ve yet to gain in my 15 years. But personally, I find it unbelievably hard to live in a way that says “I take pride in the freedom I get from knowing that the creator of the earth knows why I’m here.” But why? I mean I recognize that a lifestyle like that may be a bit out of the question for anyone, but is that where we are all failing as Christians? God knows exactly who I am…nothing is hidden from Him, he made me and He knows me better than I do. And God knows exactly why I am who I am. After all it is His plan that I’m somehow weaved into. So why is that not enough? Why is it so hard to be okay with not knowing? Why is it so hard to trust that God knows what He’s doing? And why is it so hard to live the way we know we should?
Okay yes, we are constantly surrounded by sin and temptation...but that is no excuse.
"It is in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for." - Ephesians 1:11

3 Comments:

At 4:57 PM , Blogger Craig said...

why is it so hard to live the way we know we should?
-I think that one reason this is so hard is because we forget that, "YOu did not choose me, but I chose you..." John 15:16.

"God is at work bending, breaking, molding, and doing exactly as He chooses. And why is He doing it? He is doing it for only one purpose- that He may be able to say 'This is my man, and this is my woman.' We have to be in God's hand so He can place others on the Rock, Jesus Christ, just as He has placed us." -Oswald Chambers

Good luck with the journey, and if you figure out a definite answer, give me a shout because I would love to know.

 
At 8:27 PM , Blogger kaylah said...

bailey...i'm pretty sure i love you more than you'll ever know.

 
At 10:25 PM , Blogger spartacus21 said...

this is what i talked about last week at our first dorm bible study! you should join the forum..post your opinions and questions there..all the cool people are doing it ;) !!! http://frizbe21.free-forums.org/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home