Bailey's Blog

Monday, October 10, 2005

.iTs NoT a HaBiT, iTs CoOl, i FeEl aLiVe.

I’ve been kind of wishing I knew what was distancing me from God lately. It could be just that subconsciously I don’t want to be close to Him because I know how it would change my life, or the amount of homework and activities I have going on, or the fact that I don’t feel like I desperately need Him right now. It really sucks whatever it is. I hate feeling distanced from God. And I know that I do desperately need him, I just wish it didn’t take the feeling of despair so show me it. I mean I know it in my head but I don’t feel it in my heart. But I want to feel it. I want to feel like I can’t function without Him. I want to be addicted. But how? I guess, like it is with anything, you have to continuously take doses of it to get hooked. So maybe I need to spend more time in the Word. Well, okay not maybe, I DO need to spend more time in the Word. But how do I get the desire to do so? Does that come with the addiction? Or is it just something I should ask God for? Or do I just need to stop being stupid and do something about it? Either way I’m in need of some serious quiet time. Maybe PineCove will help. I just really want this to be a serious addiction. Not one I can get over. One that is going to make me absolutely crazy. One that changes my lifestyle, my actions, my thoughts, and my decisions. I’m talking full-out, hardcore addiction. Not some wimpy addiction wanna-be. Like heroine: I want to be completely thrown off without it in my system 24/7. So how do we do it? How do we just jump in? Not toe-dipping, waist-deep wading, kinda, sorta jumping in…I mean full fledged, eyes-closed, adrenaline-rush jumping in... Into the deep, dark depths of addiction. How do we do that?
I think this is what has been frustrating me lately.
But its a good frustration so I'm okay with it.
And I cant wait until this weekend. :)

5 Comments:

At 8:01 AM , Blogger Brent said...

Ummm...coffee?

 
At 10:59 AM , Blogger Kathleen said...

Bailey I don't have a pat answer. We do all struggle with this. But know this, if you need a crisis to make you need His presence, you will find one. Real life application, as you know, just plain sucks. So, coffee with Brent, then Pinecove. Have a wonderfully addicting time.

 
At 8:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

ugh i'm kinda feeling like that too! it stinks...

but i'll be sure to pray for you! :)

 
At 8:38 PM , Blogger Katherine said...

There's no formula.

 
At 7:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A wise man once told me, when I was in a similar situation, that you need to do something that will put you on your knees everyday. Sharing the gospel with each person in my dorm was what that fleshed out as. Just a suggestion. :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home