Bailey's Blog

Monday, September 12, 2005

V..is very, very..extraordinary

God is amazing.
It's so wonderful to be able to know that even when people let you down or hurt your feelings, God is the constant that will never hurt you. He will never betray you, or lie to you, or break a promise, or...oh I don’t know...cheat on you.
I'm really trying not to fall into the whole "woe-is-me" mindset, I know that’s annoying, and I've been there...its really not that great.
So I just keep reminding myself...God is amazing.
And it’s true.
It takes a breakup to really point out all of the thousands of commercials, TV shows, movies, and especially songs that there are about love.
What does that say about us? I mean if we are being constantly surrounded by "love," or at least what today's cultures' take of it is, what does that mean?
I personally think that people are so starved for the love that only God can give us, that we try to trick ourselves into thinking that this other type of "love" is what we need.
I heard this song the other day when I was in a country music mood and I absolutely adore it.
It was about marriage and what it entails, and the main line of the chorus was "they'll be together forever 'till they find somebody new."
It's so true.
If everyone would just notice and embrace God's love, we wouldn’t feel the need to be loved by other people, especially of the opposite sex, especially when we are too young, and especially when we know that they can hurt us.
So I guess what I'm trying to say is, before we go put ourselves in the most vulnerable situation possible, we should really sit down and decide if we are ready for it.
That’s the only thing I really regret about dating Chris, not being ready for the commitment...or the disappointment. Everything else I could never regret.
But one day I’ll be in love with someone who loves me too, and who loves Jesus. And that’ll be sooo much better. I can’t wait.
God is amazing.

6 Comments:

At 10:11 PM , Blogger Katherine said...

Bailey, you're awesome.

 
At 5:02 AM , Blogger Nathan said...

Amen, sister

 
At 5:08 AM , Blogger Brent said...

So, what you're saying is...

...you learned something from Sunday School?

*like Napoleon Dynamite, eyes closed, fist clenched*

"Yessssssss."

P.S. Did you like the movie clip?

 
At 6:05 AM , Blogger Schweers' Mom said...

How did you get so wise? Very cool...

 
At 10:57 AM , Blogger kaylah said...

bay...i love you!!! but like for real. you're amazing. really.

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger Craig said...

that song is awesome. i laughed so hard when i first heard it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home