Bailey's Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2005

...wHaT i ReAlLy MeAnT To SaY...

This week has gone by SO slow i cant even tell you. I've had two basketball games, a pep rally (which we put together in 3 hours,) 4 tests, a trip to the ER (explanation to follow,) HOURS AND HOURS OF HOMEWORK!!, family in town, and the extremely stressful freshman meeting - all with no sleep...

Okay so as for the lovely venture to Lewisville Hospitals Emergency Room...i didnt actually go. Brandon and my mom did. You see, Beauty and the Beast goes up this weekend and he hasnt had the greatest luck recently. Between rehearsals, school, and sleep hes managed to get pink eye in both eyes, drill a screw into his thumb while working on the set and then have to drill it out, a major sinus infection, laryngitis (or however you spell that) and a major concussion which he got after falling out of a chair. After ignoring his concussion for 2 days, he started forgetting his lines @ rehearsals and he basically passed out so they took him to the hospital. The doctors said if he had been hit in the back of the head one more time, he could have been paralyzed. Scary...

But I have to say the show was unbelievable. Aside from the few minor tech problems with the mic's, it couldnt have gone better. Jason did a great beast and, though I may be a bit biased, Brandon's portrayl of Gaston was freaking amazing. In my opinion this has been the best show that Marcus has put on in the past 4 years or so and its really cool that this gets to be his last musical. I'm going again tomorow to see Nurge and Brandon so you all should go too!!

And that freshman meeting I mentioned earlier? Yes well it officially made me way stressed out about grades and classes and credits and cheerleading and everything!! We got class ranks last week and though I'm in the top quarter with a decent GPA I'm no where close to where I need to be if I ever want to go to college. And after looking at all of my classes that I'm going to be taking and the classes that I want to be taking, I realized that cheerleading is really going to be a handicap. If I stick with it then I won't be able to take creative writing or journalism until my Junior year. My plan was to take one of those and hopefully get into Newspaper after that so I won't have to take a computer science class. but now I just dont know what to do. And my grades are sucking in biology right now. Not because the class is hard, but because I dont work at it and I have little to no motivation to do so.

The weekend is young but has been pretty fun so far. Keila spent the night last night after B and B and then this morning Heather and I went to Nathan's to help them move. Took us 52 minutes. That has to be a record. Planned on having lunch with everyone but didnt really know where we were going and Heather had an interview so now I have the afternoon and tonight to do with as I please. Not really sure what I'm going to do yet... which means eventually I will have to make a decision. And I really hate those... :/ yuck!

**I got a MoJo BoX...**

**You're some kind of WoNdErFuL**




3 Comments:

At 2:48 PM , Blogger Katherine said...

My GPA went down every year, I didn't pass the only AP test I took, and the classes I took, well, they weren't exactly ideal college application material. But I still got in and I'm studying what I want to study. God is faithful, Bailey. Do what you love...and if you don't know what that is, try everything until you find something. Have a blast in high school. It's not worth the stress. Try to keep an eternal perspective. Class rank doesn't matter in the long run. "I have come that they may have life, and have it more abundantly." -Jesus (John 10:10)

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

BAILEY omg its so fun to say your name
haha anyways we missed you at church tonight!

 
At 9:01 AM , Blogger spartacus21 said...

Hey door stop. just a little advice from an aging kid. Be careful about joining newspaper in that mindset. I love Herbst to death but if you don't have motavatio...STAY AWAY! Now you see, in my case journalism was the only class i had motavation in so it worked but just think about it and be careful. it is a lot of work alongside the inside jokes and fun.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home