Bailey's Blog

Saturday, April 09, 2005

+ thats something...that just dont happen twice +

Today has just been amazing. I dont know why I dont wake up earlier every saturday. I was up at 9 today to meet the gorgeous weather outside. Then went with my mom to starbucks before my sisters double header up at the briarhill fields. My dad and Bridget were already headed up there and the game had just started when we pulled up. Spent most of the time just talking with my parents and cheering for my little sister. 5 minutes didnt go by without us cracking up. Between making fun of her overzealous coach and making up cheers with my dad, there was never a dull moment. It was especially nice because I had just been thinking about how much I barely even know my dad anymore and how we never do anything just us two like we used to. But thats what I love about him, we can be doing something as simple as watching 8 year olds attempt to play softball and still have such a good time. It made me really miss my softball days though. Between Brandon playing baseball and me on a traveling softball team, my family used to live at the ball parks...and we loved it. I miss being younger, I miss being so excited because my mom gave me 50 cents to buy to whole pieces of double bubble, I miss doing chants in the dug-out, the team mom's snacks between games, running the bases after a win, and crying after striking out. I miss ball park hot dogs, pitching a strike when the count is 3-2, sleeping in the car on the way home, and my dad being so proud of me no matter what. It makes me wish I didnt quit softball. Regardless, It's been a really nice day. We drove home from the game in the sebring, top down, country music playing really loud. And the day is barely over...tonight is fab four night at rich-o's house all by ourselves!
Yay for good moods and good days!

6 Comments:

At 7:31 PM , Blogger Nathan said...

Hey Bailey,

I saw you guys driving around with your dad today.

That's all I got.

 
At 4:56 AM , Blogger Brent said...

The Dad/Daughter thing is the absolute very best of things...

 
At 1:05 PM , Blogger Nathan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:05 PM , Blogger Nathan said...

There's no crying in softball!

 
At 3:46 PM , Blogger bAiLeY said...

yes i said crying after a strike out...it was intense back then...and i was very competetive...just like someone ELSE i know! :) i miss you cristina!

 
At 3:43 PM , Blogger Deleted said...

oh i remember all those times... softball brings back so many memories... you brought it all back with just your short words.

thank you for sharing the memory of the old days with me!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home