Bailey's Blog

Thursday, May 05, 2005

i MiSs ThE LiFe...

Today, though I had set my alarm for 6:30, I woke up at 7:40 frantic and sore from cheerleading. I threw on my sweat pants and a t-shirt that didnt even match. Ate some Crispix, put my nasty hair into a pony tail, grabbed my stuff and I was ready to go. 8:15. Perfect. It almost made up for the fact that I looked they way I did, which was horrible. But then my dad decides that he's NOT ready. So I didn't actually leave until 8:33. Arive at school...8:42. Second day in a row that I'm late. Suck.
So I walk into my class room at 8:46. Open the door, still not quite awake, and see a room full of people that I've never seen before. I quickly said "Oh shit" and went right back out the door. Nice exit, huh? So I'm standing in the middle of B-hall, checking to make sure I went into the right room, which I did, and totally confused. By now I'm so frustrated with everything that I might have exploded if I hadnt seen Shannon down the hall way. We just kind of walked around until we finally found our class, in the lab room. This is where it gets EVEN better...
Coach Bishop "Go get a tardy slip..."
Me "Are you kidding me?"
Bishop "Actually yes, sit down."
Me "Thank the Lord"
Bishop "Okay you all need to get in your groups, grab gloves, aprons, and goggles, and go to your lab tables."
Me - thinking in my head - "What are we doing?"
Bishop "I'll bring you guys your rats when everyone is ready..."
Me "RATS?!?!?!"
We're disecting rats...not only do I find this completely revolting...I also find it wrong. I mean I'm not gonna go vegetarian and join the green party, but there's a difference between raising animals so high schoolers can rip them apart and supposedly "learn" something and the food chain.
Between my already stressful morning, and the kid next to me thinking he's funny and stabing the friggin rat with his scissors, I break down. My goggles are filling with tears and I'm doing everything I possibly can to not look at this poor, little rat. Then theres my good friend, Bethany, across the room swinging the rat's small intestine all over the place. I love that girl - but SICK!
That lasted WAY too long, but finally the bell rings and I go to second period. Then I realize that in all my haste I had forgotten my book, phone, and asprin for cheer.
The day just went by SO slow. My spanish teacher graded my test wrong, I didn't have a lunch, my throat and knee were KILLING me, and cheerleading kept us later than we though so Chris was just sitting in the parking lot for 15 minutes waiting on me.
And like the wonderful girlfriend that I am, I get in the car and unload my entire day on him without even thanking him for waiting. Then he just drops me off and I let him leave without apologizing for being such a downer. I don't know why he puts up with me...
And now - to make things worse - I have to miss the O.C., Laguna, and E.R. because I have to go SIT in the stands doing NOTHING at the baseball game for cheerleading. Why? Because the universe has devised a plan to ruin each and every day for me.
I mean obviously I know thats not true, but sometimes I really wonder.

4 Comments:

At 4:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I LOVE YOU S0O0O0 MUCH!! Bailey price if there is nething I can do for u I am here and open arms!!

 
At 5:45 AM , Blogger Brent said...

Sorry about my part in making you late on Day 1. Is it selfish that I thought it was worth it from my point of view?

 
At 10:16 PM , Blogger bAiLeY said...

if it meant a conversation like the one we had, id be late everyday. dont worry bout it. :)

 
At 9:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds lyk 1 silly day!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home