Bailey's Blog

Monday, June 20, 2005

45 YeaRs

Today's my dad's birthday.

He's 45 years old, which I like to remind him is half way to 90. We're celebrating by having a big lasagna dinner complete with italian bread, green beans, corn and my infamous chocolate on chocolate cake. I bought him the 2004 Country's greatest hits CD. It's kind of stupid but I think he'll like it.

Nothing could ever explain the daddy-daughter thing. It's the kind of relationship that you won't get unless you have it. And I'm lucky enough to get it.

My dad is honestly one of my favorite people in the whole wide world. I admire him more than anyone for what he's been through and how he's dealt with it all. They say girls tend to marry someone a lot like their dad. I really hope thats true.

He is a strong follower of the Lord, he serves his family, he's a good husband, a great dad, and one of the funniest people you will ever meet. He's not very social but you start talking Auburn or Atlanta Braves and you can't get him to shut up. He's a passionate writer and believes in me more than anyone else. From teaching me how to tie my shoes, to following my softball team all over Alabama for a good 6 years, to akwardly trying to make me feel better when I'm having "boy issues," hes amazing. In every way. And I'm so stinkin lucky.

Plus...my dad could beat up your dad. :)

2 Comments:

At 8:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

bailey! i love you oh so very much!

 
At 8:40 AM , Blogger Brent said...

The daddy-daughter thing is the absolute best, even if you can't explain it to people.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home