Bailey's Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

i sWeAr ThAt i CaN gO oN FoReVeR, AgAiN...

Mmm summer...
We all love it. No school, homework, gay teachers, or studying. More sleep, less responsibilities, more time to spend with friends and family. Vacations and road trips and time to rest. Sunshine, tanning, swimming, boating. It's great. We look forward to it all year. And those are the things we remember about it. The good times. And the memories.
But what I seem to always forget about are the moments that really bring me down. When temptations surround me and I find myself extremely weak and vulnerable. Now I realize that temptations are just as prevalent during the school year as they are in June and July, but the point is that there seem to be more oppertunities to screw up, and to be quite honest, not get caught.
Now I'm not implying that I've been commiting any terrible crimes recently, but it just seems extremely important, for me at least, to be especially careful with the situations I put myself in.
My fear is that last summer will repeat itself.
I mean, I'm a bitter person as it is, but last summer I was literaly the queen of anger. And selfishness. And the "i really just dont give a shit" attitude.
Don't believe me? Just ask Nathan, or Keila for that matter.
I hurt a lot of people, as well as myself. I lost friendships that I cherish now and relationships with my family. I hated it.
I really wasn't planning on going into all that, but my point is summer is a time to really work on staying foccused on whats important. Sorting out priorities and all that. And its really hard.
Which makes it that much cooler to me that God understands all that and wants to carry us through it.

I dont know, thats just whats on my mind this week.

That, and how amazing some of my friends are.

3 Comments:

At 9:06 AM , Blogger Brent said...

gay teachers?

 
At 1:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

westbrook

 
At 5:10 AM , Blogger spartacus21 said...

starbucks..sat. def.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home